
Well, face it. I bet most of the time, you aren't interested in what your friends say. It is only right to pretend that you are interested just to be polite.
My one big flaw is that I lose interest easily. Very. My attention span is shorter than your dick. Give me a two-hour lecture and I can only be attentive for five minutes. Same goes for having conversations with my friends. I wasn't listening to them half of the time. At least it's just half.
Well, as an Ah Beng thirsting for self-improvement, I looked up ways to cultivate the habit of listening. You know, the common things to note like leaning forward to show that you're interested, look deep into one's eyes and what not. And I have to say it was difficult at start but eventually you can become a good listener that everyone loves to share their stories with.
Having learned so much about being a good listener has its flaws. I get irritated easily when I feel attention's not given to me. Once again, the self-improvement shit comes in. I just have to suck it up and learn that not everyone's perfect and we cannot expect people live their lives accordingly to the way that suit us.
I have a friend that calls me all the time ranting about what happened at her workplace. Most of the time, I don't even get the chance to speak. I suffer because I love to talk, but I'm not given the chance to. However, in times like this, I know I have to appreciate the fact that I'm the bitch chosen by this special friend to listen to her complains. Yes, I'm someone's bitch.
One thing to keep the conversation going and get a person interested in speaking to you is to stop talking about YOURSELF. Unless you are God cos' everyone's interested to hear how God lives His life. Keep asking questions about your friend. Show that you are interested in the person. Everyone loves to be heard. Just bear in mind that no one is ever so interested in you and you score. Trust me, I learned this technique from the most influential self-improvement writer in history, Dale Carnegie.
Just stop boring your friends.
Ang Moh Beng shall reign as your wonderful guru,
Png.
No comments:
Post a Comment