The Gen Y had switched from using Friendster to using facebook.
Remember the time when you had to think of something good to write someone a testimonial? Speaking of which, do you realize no one actually had the mighty gut to pass nasty remarks on someone's Friendster page? Life's just so full of concealed truth.
Then facebook surfaced. Everyone updates now and then to show the whole world their feelings. I'm gonna discuss about the kinds of comments I dread to see.
Emotional geeks.
"I am sad". Like, who cares. Andrew Matthews once wrote in one of his books that to express your sadness you subconsciously bring your friends down with you. Seriously, it's just pain in the neck to see people posting about how sad life is, how someone broke their hearts, how unfair Singapore's education system is, how crappy Rooney played in the World Cup. Manage your life for goodness sake. As I'm writing, I can already imagine a person telling me, "but life is really sad". Thank you, you successfully made me speechless.
Overdo it.
When that person posts something, it would be regarding the same topic 98% of the time. Always talking about how interesting Transformers is and how he would like to squeeze Megan Fox's boobs. A few days later, he would post about how Megan Fox appeared in his dreams. He allowed you to take a break for two weeks and after which he reported to you seeing Megan Fox face to face in US when he attended Transformers 2 movie premiere. Now and then, he would tell you he's watching some reality show in which Megan Fox kissed some random dude on the street and how that made him cry. Give me a break.
Yeah, wow! I so need to know you are watching Korean Drama with your cousins.
Broken English.
As a language person, commenting about something in Singlish or English in faulty grammar structure hurts my eyes. Thank God there are still people who bother to attempt writing in straight English. Save the language people.
The classic Mafia Wars updates never fail to make us shake our heads,
Png.
No comments:
Post a Comment